Friday, October 17, 2008

The Best Day of My Life

Harrison played hookie from preschool today (is there even such a thing?!). I would've picked him up early to go Zane's Halloween party at school and I didn't feel like driving into town several times, so we decided just to stay home. It was fabulous! After the party, Darcy gave him several treats that the other kids had gotten. He looked at me and said, "This is the best day of my LIFE!". Afterwards, we ran into a couple of stores looking for invitations for Zane and Lyddie's birthday parties. When we got back to the car I realized that we'd lost Lydia's bow. As we're getting out of the car to go back in Harrison says, "This is really messing up the best day of my life." He wasn't sassy or hateful. Just very matter-of-fact. Here are some random pictures from the last few days. Jared and Aaron have been brainstorming for the haunted trail for Zane's birthday party.
This is hanging in the garage next to my car. I know it's there but it startles me every time I walk out there! It's the 12 foot pirate!

I think that Jared might have a new Halloween buddy!Jared worked on this one for quite a while last night. He attached all of the body parts to a shoe box (covered in H's skeleton shirt, of course). The legs are actually two bones that are connected and move. He attached a rope so when you pull it, it looks like the skeleton is moving the pedals. It's very freaky and fun!! Notice that he's wearing a helmet. Safety first!

Zane and the neighborhood kids were selling lemonade yesterday. Drew's recipe apparently made it into the newspaper at one time (quite a selling point I must say-I did rush down to buy some!). They were a LITTLE on the high pressure side. Drew rang doorbells holding a poster and anytime someone walked outside they would hold the poster towards them. They had fun.

Lyddie loves to call Daddy. She never calls me (I guess because I'm always right there!). She picks it up and says, "Dadadadadada." It's very sweet. She got eaten up by mosquitos. If anyone know of a magic potion that will clear them up, please let me know :).

I love this face. She makes it a lot when she's playing. She gets this excited open mouth grin.

She found this in her toy box and LOVED it. Old toys are the best!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the Haunted Trail!!! I'm so glad other people love Halloween like I do! :)

Amber said...

How fun,a haunted trail! I bet it will be scary. Halloween is so much fun but not many people get into it anymore.