Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just a Glimpse

When we came in from church last night Zane headed upstairs and Jared, Harrison, Lydia, and I were sitting around in the living room before we started the bedtime routine. After about 10 minutes Harrison says, "Hey, where's the other part of our family?" (very much a Harrison expression). We said that Zane was upstairs and then went back to talking and H went back to playing. A few minutes later Zane yells from upstairs, "Mom, are ya'll having a party down there?". (I didn't realize it until then that Harrison was gone) I said no and then I hear Zane say, "See, I told you we're not having a party!". Harrison screams, "YES WE ARE HAVING A PARTY, ZANE!!"(he wanted him to come downstairs and be with us so he lied-not happy about that part but I laughed really hard before he could see me). After H had gone to bed, Jared, Zane, Lydia, and I were watching soccer in Zane's room (Lydia was fighting sleep). Zane was in the floor playing with Lydia and he kind of quietly says, "I wish Harrison was here." I wanted to cry because if you know Zane, that meant a lot! I get random hugs and kisses from Harrison a LOT (and I love EVERY one of them) but when Zane walks up and puts his arm around me and gives me a quick squeeze... my heart melts. He's a very sweet kid, he just doesn't show his feelings as much. SO, with all of that said, I know that they love each other, but after a day of fighting, I needed to see it (even if it was just a glimpse =)! )

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is the sweetest story!! That cracks me up that Harrison was trying to convice Zane that you guys were having a party!

Shelley said...

How sweet! You have such sweet boys.