Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hoarders Called...

We had some water damage that caused our hardwood floors to buckle. Insurance has been AWESOME and they are being fixed. They had to move all of the furniture from our formal living room, dining room, entry, and Jared's office to other parts of the house so that they can work on the floors. You can only imagine how crazy it feels right now :)!! This is my family room!!! There's office furniture in our room, the china cabinet is in the breakfast area, and the playroom is full of boxes. It's a mess but it'll be worth it. We're using it as an opportunity to change the paint colors and we're going to redecorate (slowly) once everything is finished. When they are finished with the hardwood, they are going to start gutting the master bathroom (more water damage). They are keeping everything off of the wood floors until the bathroom is finished so that they can do a final coat of polyurethane and the last coat of paint on the walls. Here are a few early pictures of how it's going to look!! The dining room before
After the paint. they haven't restained the floors at this point. I LOVE the ceiling!!Formal living room before.We are going with a lighter color in the two formal rooms and really dark in the entry. I've got a girl that's helping me and she is AMAZING so I feel very comfortable with it. I'd be nervous if I were picking it out myself :)!
Entry!

3 comments:

SydneeB said...

likin' those colors a lot! good choices

Rita said...

Sorry about your floors! Love the new colors! Your home is gorgeous! Please post pictures after you get everything finished! :-)

the Pulleys said...

You're completely right....those colors are incredible! I know you're excited a/b the change despite the mess rt. now. : )