Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Test Results

On Sunday evening, Lydia's incision completely opened and was very infected. Thankfully it happened right around the time that Jared got back into town. He called her very sweet surgeon and he met us at the clinic at 8:30. He thought he might need to reclose it. When we got there he had to put cotton swabs down in it to get cultures and then cleaned it out. She flinched but never cried or pulled away. I was SHOCKED. She's a tough cookie :). He decided to leave it open and rechecked it today. It's healing really well so he's just leaving it like it is and will check her again in two weeks. We found out that all of her results have come back NORMAL :). I can not tell you how thankful we are. Thank you for all of your prayers, calls, and texts. That meant more to me than I can tell you. We've got sweet SWEET friends and family :). We are waiting for a few cultures to come back (they take several weeks to grow) but those aren't the scary things that we were so worried about. She did come down with fever today but I think she's fine. I couldn't post without adding a picture. Those of you that know Harrison can PROBABLY see the resemblance. They always look alike but sometimes it just freaky :). I thought this was!

4 comments:

SydneeB said...

YAY for great results! And yes....WOW this picture IS Harrison in pink! ='O

Rita said...

Praise the Lord for good results.

JF said...

So glad to hear the good results! Please keep us posted on the infection. I hope she gets totally well very soon!

Jessica

Racheal said...

So thankful!