Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Surgery Day

Lyddie had surgery yesterday to remove the knots from her neck. He ended up taking out three. We should get the biopsy results back in a week. Please keep praying for her :). We are hopefully almost finished with this!
Her surgery was at 8 but we were supposed to be there at 6:30. She was all smiles on the way there. We rode with Jared and my mom took us home incase she was sick or upset. Granny beat us there. I don't know what I would do without my Mom. She's been to every appointment that Jared couldn't go to. She's the most supportive person I know. She's such a great example of what I want to be for my kids. She had two presents for Lydia. One for before and another for after the surgery. She LOVED her new pony. I think her name is Marshmallow.This was after we walked back to her room. She did great but started to get nervous when people started coming in to talk and check her temperature and oxygen.
They gave her some Versed to help her relax. It worked! It was so weird to see her like that. I cried and giggled at the same time. She started drooling and babbling. Her mind was moving slower so when you would say something to her it wouldn't register for a minute. Then she'd just giggle. She moved so slow and she couldn't hold herself up very well.
It relaxed her enough that they were able to just push her back. That was much better than them peeling her off of me to carry her which probably would've happened if they hadn't given her the "happy juice". My Granny came up and stayed with us, too. That helped more than she'll ever know!! We are blessed with wonderful family. Jared's parents and Grandma were out of town but we kept them update with text pics :). It was hard on them not being there.
She was not happy when she came out. She kept trying to pull her IV out. I felt sorry for her. She was being stubborn (I guess that carried thru even with the medication. Ha ha!) and wouldn't let me help her with her popsicle. She wasn't with it enough to control her hand very well so she kept missing her mouth and getting mad. Poor thing! She started to calm down a little after we walked downstairs to leave. She ate some bacon and pancakes on the way home. She was almost back to normal by the time we got there. She was such a little trooper. I'm really proud of her!
When we got home she opened her second present.
She got a little princess doll. She loved it :).
She took our temperature. She would put it against our skin and say, "Yes!! It's 20."
Last night she helped me shuck corn. She may've found herself a job! Now I'm going to teach her to snap green beans :).
She did a little painting. We let her stay up and play while we watched a movie. The boys stayed with my Mom and Dad. They had a great time going to a baseball game and the movies. They might not want to come home!!

1 comments:

the Pulleys said...

Thanks again for the updates throughout ~ I enjoyed hearing how she was doing @ a few points in the day yesterday. We're still SO, very proud of her! She certainly is a trooper for sure! And a really cute one @ that. : ) We honestly will be lifting her name up in prayer multiple times/day b/w now & next wk., and that the tests come back proving her Daddy to be exactly correct w/ his feeling all along. Nothing @ all! Either way, you know that I'm here if/when you need me. xoxo