Friday, November 7, 2008

Lydia's FIRST Birthday

Happy Birthday Lydia!! We celebrated her 1st birthday on Tuesday evening. All of our family came over and we had dinner and birthday cake. It was a lot of fun. She went to the doctor on Wednesday. She weighs 18 pounds 14 ounces and is 28 inches tall (25% for both!) She's on the small side put I think she's plumping up a little bit. She's taking a lot of steps (6 or 7 at a time) and last night she walked quite a bit further. She's really turning into a little girl. She loves to wear my bracelets. It's her favorite. Last night, I walked into the kitchen and she was standing there in nothing but her diaper and a plastic bracelet (where was my camera?!).

She was not sure about the cake at first. She's looking at her Daddy in this one.
"Mmm, that's good!"
She didn't like having her hands in it so this was her preferred method of eating at first. She had icing so far up her nose!
She got over it!!!
I forgot to put her birthday hat on for the party so I took a picture last night.

7 comments:

Amanda @ Bibs and Cribs said...

Happy Birthday, Lydia! What a beautiful cake! I hope your first big day was super-special! =)

Amberly said...

Love Zanes Halloween costume!!

Mandy said...

I saw Lydia's cake on Shelley's blog and LOVED it!! It is sooo cute! Happy 1st Birthday Lydia...I can't believe it has been a year already!

amyj said...

Happy birthday Lyddie!! Her cake was spectacular and she was the most beautiful birthday girl. :)

I'm still looking for pictures of jessica simpson and tony romo...

Alison said...

Too Cute!!!

the Pulleys said...

WOW...that cake is amazing! And I love the girly pink icing all over her face for the pictures! Hope she had fun on her special day; I'm sure she did!

Amber said...

Her cake is so amazing! I love it. She is just getting so big :)