Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lyddie Bug

Miss Lydia turned TWO on November 1st. I want to write down some things that she's doing so that I won't forget (since I NEVER write in her baby book!).
-She's got a very sweet and easy going personality (for the time being-I've had two other two year olds, so I know how this goes. HA!).
-She loves puzzles, books, coloring, and most of all STICKERS! They are everywhere. =)
-Playing outside (especially on our playset)
-PLAY DOH!!!
-Playing dress up and food
-RED fingernail polish (usually just on her toes!)
-She started laughing the other day and said, "I funny Momma. Silly Lydia!"
-LOVES her Bubba, Zane, and Daddy!! She snuggled up with Jared on the couch last night. She turned her head into his chest where she couldn't see me, waved, and said, "Bye Momma." (over and over again!)
-We say two prayers every night. I put her in bed and she immediately puts her hands together and says, "I pray." I say the first one and she always wants "more pray". On the second she repeats some of it. When I start to thank Him for our family, I'll start with one of the boys and she steps in and lists everyone (including a big "AND LYDIA").
-She's known her colors for awhile and is starting to get her shapes (she LOVES ovals =) ).
-She can count to ten with a few hiccups along the way (like 7 and 8).
-She talks ALL the time and puts together some great sentences.
-Yesterday, we were at Walmart and I gave her a Leap Frog toy to play with as we walked around (I really was trying it out for Christmas. Promise!). It was asking her to find certain letters and she knew MOST of them. I couldn't believe it. She proved it to Daddy tonight. We were in her room and he started asking her letters on her blocks. He just stared at her with his mouth open. On a few of them she would also say the sound that it makes (mostly S and H).
-She'll say, "I love you, Momma." and my heart just melts into a puddle.
This was taken on her actual birthday. So sweet.

And silly! Wouldn't trade it for anything!!

"Hmmm...let me think."

"I'm HOW old?" This is what she does when I tell her to act surprised.

Sorry Shell and Amy. She likes pickles. Don't y'all go eat the whole jar! I know your fridge is STOCKED! =)

Bundled up for the neighborhood bon fire.

I love her in dresses and boots. She just seems cuddley!

She like pilates...Ha! I call this her "move". She'll be dancing and then will stop and do this. It cracks me up! I swear I've never taught this girl pilates =)!

She's a big thinker. Can't you tell by that tongue sticking out?!

She loves to lay on her tummy and read books. When Jared walks to her room at night she gets so excited! She'll grab books or a puzzle and have him sit next to her. I think he would sit and play with her ALL day EVERY day if he could.

She's a hardworker... Seriously?! I don't think I've EVER seen him push her. She is ALWAYS pushing him. He's got her trained!

He does take care of her, though. She has such a sweet relationship with the boys. It's PRICELESS!

Random, I know. It's harder to get pics of Zane!!

2 comments:

amyj said...

Of course she's brilliant! Look at how much attention she's getting from those brothers. Sweet sweet girl. Except for the pickle part....I do not approve.

Shelley said...

She is so beautiful! (except when she has a pickle hanging out of her mouth- that's kinda gross:) ) I can't believe she is already 2!And she's so smart. She probably got that from me- ha!