Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Leave it to Harrison

Lyddie has not been feeling great for a few days. She had some tummy issues a few days ago (but that problem had been resolved) and has run a low fever for a few days (got higher last night but that's not the point!). I've had just kind of a cruddy day. She's been cranky and we've been stuck in the house with that "no motivation to get things done" feeling. Tonight, I gave Lydia her bottle and was just about to lay her down when she threw the ENTIRE thing up all over me, her, and the carpet (exactly what happened a few nights ago). I've been tired and ready to have my sweet, happy Lydia back so I feel like we're starting over. Poor thing! I cleaned everything up, changed my clothes, and went to tuck Harrison in. When I walked into his room he's got his chef hat on with a large spread of plastic food ALL over the floor. I couldn't help but smile (at first I was almost mad because he was supposed to be getting in bed but he looked really cute!). I laid down in his bed and here's the conversation:(I was getting irritated b/c it was taking FOREVER for him to get in bed) "Harrison! Get a book and get in bed. I'm tired and Lydia threw up all over me. I need to go take a shower."
"Umm, mom, why are you laying in my bed?" (I lay down in his bed every time we read)
"So that I can read you a book."
"I want you to read sitting up."
"I always read laying down."
"But Lydia threw up all over you and I don't want it in my bed."
I'm laughing "I changed my clothes, it's just on my skin and I need to go wash off."
"What part of your skin? Is it going to get on my bed?"
I know that it doesn't sound funny to read but it cracked me up! He's always making me laugh.

These pictures have nothing to do with my post but you can't pass up an opportunity to post pics!

"Hmm... do you think kids live there??" We moved the pool to the back of the yard so that it'd be a little more level. Too bad for the net around the trampoline. That would be FUN!Today, Harrison got a pack of tuna out of the fridge, ripped off the top, and had lunch. He takes care of things!

2 comments:

SydneeB said...

well,i agree with harrison! hahahahaha! funny story!!!
hope lydia is better soon!

Rita said...

I hope Lydia is feeling better soon. It makes for a very tiring day when kids are sick. I hope you get some rest. Looks like Harrison is taking care of things. I am sure the boys are a big help.