Monday, December 13, 2010

Big Cedar

We took the kids to Big Cedar Lodge a couple of weekends ago. We had a great time!! It was so cold but that only added to the Christmas experience :).
You always have to wrestle or jump on the bed to kick off a trip. My Dad would be so proud. He says that as kids, we jumped on some of the best beds in the country :). We had horrible cell phone reception in the room. I walked out to talk to my sister. The rest of the fam eventually followed and we ended up LOCKED OUT! In 20 degree weather :). I didn't think security would EVER get there :).We love to take weekend trips and do NOTHING! Play games, watch football, eat out! There is something about getting out of town that is so relaxing. We had some pretty great games of Yahtzee :).Cutie Pie!
We had a family picture taken on Saturday. I took a few of my own by the tree in the lobby before we went out. Its a good thing that we had them taken. Harrison decided to cut his hair the next night after he had gone to bed. He cut it right in the front and all the way to scalp (and a big hunk out of the back :)).

The ARCADE. Always a favorite.
We had a reservation to take the kids on a wagon ride at 6:30. I thought it was a carriage ride and we had seen them going by our room all day. When it was time to get ready to go, we walked out and realized how COLD it was. We aren't normally weenies when it comes to getting out in the cold but this was a different kind of cold. We talked about it and had decided to skip the ride and just go to dinner. The kids were so sad so we decided to go. The front desk called right at 6:30 and we told them that we were headed that way. They seemed a little annoyed but I was thinking, "Just take us on a 20 minute ride instead of a 30 minute ride. What's the big deal?" When we get down there to check in for it, we realized that it was the wagon ride and there were TWO wagons full of people waiting for us to check in!! I wanted to crawl in a hole. SO embarrassing! The wagon ride ended at a bon fire. There was hot chocolate, smores, and a guy playing Christmas songs with his guitar. "One more smore?!"
H and L watched some cartoons before going to bed. They are best buds! They remind me of me and my brother Matt. We were best friends (most of the time) and sometimes worst enemies. Depending on the day :).


0 comments: