Saturday, August 29, 2009

Prayers

I've been saying a prayer with Lydia before she goes to sleep at night. I've done this for a while now but I'm sad to say that I wasn't very consistent with it. Last week, I sat her on my lap facing me, put her hands together and bowed my head. While saying it I glanced at her and her eyes were closed tight and her head was bowed. It was the sweetest sight. When I finished she said (in a very sweet quiet voice), "I want mo." We said several prayers that night! One night (after saying it several nights in a row) I gave her the paci and put her in bed without saying the prayer. She layed down and suddenly threw her paci behind her, put her hands together, bowed her head and said "Amen, Momma." Every time I finish praying she says, "I want mo Amen, Momma." I don't think I'll ever forget to pray with her again :)!

She's really into these serious looks! Sometimes she'll give you a look like this and then start smiling and laughing. Oh, and then give you the "look" again!

Taking a break to eat some oranges! She decided that she loves them :)!
She decided that she (finally) likes bows!
New BOOTS! And you'd better not touch them ;). "My booos!"
THIS picture scares me! It's like a glimpse into the future. Zane and my sweet neighbor Courtney were walking Lyddie into the pool. Jared and I were neighbors so you just never know :).

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Lyd looks so big!! And look at all that hair!!! The prayers are so sweet. Carter doesn't bow his head yet, but it claps for me when we finish. I love the boots and her expressions. So cute!!

Rita said...

Love "more prayers". Precious!

Keisha said...

The praying picture is so precious! What a wonderful gift you're giving your daughter by praying with her every night! Great momma!