Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Maui Part 2

Here are the pictures from the second part of our trip. If you check back soon there will be some pretty wicked pics of us surfing (HA!).
The sunsets there were AMAZING! I was full that day and said I would just have a salad. Haha. Who can pass up a Pupu Platter (we split that just incase you were worried :)). I got Zane a pretty great shirt from there. I'll post a pic of him in it soon :). Jared happened to be dressed just like the photographers at the Luau!! Surfing was SOOO much fun. We caught on quick and even caught some of our own waves. I'll do a post with those pics soon!We did scuba lessons in the pool. It was neat but weird at first. Breathing underwater is NOT natural :). I felt comfortable after the lesson so we decided to go out to the ocean with our instructor. It went well at first, but I got water in my mouth and totally panicked. Pretty embarassing because the instructor had to drag me back to shore. You can laugh, I'm smiling while I write it. It was HORRIBLE when it happened tho! When I came to the surface the water was rough and I kept getting splashed in the face. I couldn't catch my breath enough to go back under and breathe thru the crazy thing. The whole time they were dragging me in I was saying to Jared, "Don't ever ask me to do this again. I hate it!!" I'm glad that I don't have to see the instructor again :).Joe and Julia. I love this girl!The Tarzan Swing. The guys had some pretty sweet moves. They mastered the back flip with just a couple of trys.This is me, Cindy, and Julia. Cindy is Dr. Swicegood's wife. We went to an amazing sushi restaurant that night.

5 comments:

Kara said...

Love, Love, Love Maui! We honeymooned half the time there and the other half in Kauai. I'm so jealous. We can't wait to go back!

SydneeB said...

cool!!!

Shelley said...

Beautiful!! I'm glad you didn't die :) That would have totally been me if I was brave enough to attempt it.

amyj said...

What a trip!! Looks beautiful and fun. By the way, nice shirt, J. :)

amyj said...

What a trip!! Looks beautiful and fun. By the way, nice shirt, J. :)