Thursday, December 1, 2011

Granny's House!

We always love going to Granny's house!! She lets the kids do everything by themselves when the bake and somehow, it always turns out to be the best cookies, ever!! Her icing is to die for. I'm craving it just thinking about it!! She is the most kind, gentle and patient person I know (her and my Mom, maybe some of that will rub off on me :)).

Can you believe how tall Zane is?! She's on the shorter side but still...(I love you, Granny!)


After baking, they went and picked veggies and flowers out of her garden :).

Words really can't describe how special she is to me!! I spent every Friday night at her house when I was growing up. We made pancakes (well, they were a flop but made for a great memory :)) and gingerbread men. She would pull out a mattress and we would sleep in the living room. She made popcorn and we would eat it while we watched tv. I can still remember the sound of her clock in the living room. I can't read Peter Rabbit without getting teary eyed because she used to always tell me that story. It was my home away from home and I still love just sitting in the kitchen or living room and talking to her or watching her with my kids. I'm so happy that she still lives in the same house that she has since my dad was a kid!! If walls could talk I would sit and listen forever! She is absolutely precious and I hope to be half the Granny that she is someday!!


0 comments: