Tuesday, January 13, 2009

French Dip Sandwiches

I LOVE finding quick and easy recipes. I found one that I had to pass along. I've noticed on a lot of blogs that I read someone will post a recipe occasionally and I love that! I'd rather make something that someone recommends than digging thru a cookbook or online.

French Dip Sandwiches
Roast (I usually get chuck tender and it's around 3 pounds but I think anything will work)
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 envelope of onion soup mix (I use Lipton)

I trim as much fat off of the roast as I can so that the au jus isn't greasy. Put the roast in the bottom of a crock pot. Mix the soy sauce and dry onion soup together and pour over the roast. Add enough water to just cover the roast. Cook on low for around 10-12 hours. The recipe said to cook for 24 hours but I only cooked it around 12 and it was done. If it's not done in time for dinner tonight I'll update this and let you know that it needs longer :)!
Take the roast out and slice it (it really just falls apart). I put it on white hoagie bread with provolone cheese and stick it in the toaster over for a few minutes. Use the juice in the crock pot for dipping. It is SO easy and SO good. Zane ate it 3 days in a row and Jared said feel free to make it once a week :).

7 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for receipe. It sounds delicious!

Mandy said...

I love French dips...I will definitely have to try that!! Thanks!!

SydneeB said...

Lovely! Steven's been after me to find a french dip recipe! Thanks!

the Pulleys said...

Patrick loves these too & has always desired them as well. Sounds yummy! Now to write it on paper soon... Xoxo

Shelley said...

Monte read this before I did and told me all about it. I guess I will be attempting it.

Amber said...

Yummmm! I love those, especially the ones from Arby's...

I'm back to the blog world by the way!

Christy Murphy said...

Sounds delicious and easy! Just my style. :)